Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Journal Four

I think it's time I packed my bags, called a cab, and be on my way. I will travel somewhere quite. The mountains. I will surround myself with nature. I will touch the sky with my fingertips and feel the Earth beneath my bare feet. I will make a ca-coon in order to rejuvenate my ill, faded, tired body. 

I am sick of the trite, monotonous, disgusting lifestyle I come in counter with everyday or, at least, every other day. I find nothing satisfying within my eyesight, minus a few pleasant views. Actually, nothing seems to satisfy me at all anymore. I can rarely find a meaningful,  or interesting, topic of conversation with an intelligent friend that lasts more than a few moments.

Do you know what excites me? Performing, and watching others perform. I watch other percussionists, judge, and learn. I pick up new pieces to a never-ending puzzle and incorporate them into my forum, or make them my own. I religiously watch live performances, and hate leaving uninspired, it seems all to rare I leave wanting to play or emulate what I have seen.
 
I need this time away, away from everything. I have nothing, yet couldn't ask for more. Other than more time, but I'm sure everyone wants/needs more time; but, who really deserves it?

I feel like I'm rambling. Like that's a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment