Friday, April 10, 2009

Journal Five

I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish.
Some people wish they could morph into a bird, or any other creature with wings, and just fly away.
I wish I were a fish. 
I could stay in the water every second of everyday and be perfectly content. 
I wouldn't worry about becoming a prune. 
I would, however, contemplate the idea of battling a bear for my life when I swim upstream.
Which, I think, would be an interesting adventure saga that will be retold again and again.
Could you imagine? me fighting a bear, as a fish?! 
I would not lose, either. (Hopefully, I come into contact with a vegetarian bear...)
I would find a school of fish, but not a school just like me, a misfit clique, if you will.
Somewhat like the breakfast club, just less drama, detention, and jocks. 
and we might actually have a real breakfast, just saying.
Why not be a fish? Especially a salt-water fish.
97.5% of the water on Earth is salt-water.
and the Earth is 2/3 water.
It would be nirvana. Almost.
Yes, there would be danger, but what's like without a challenge?
Like I've told people in the past, and I will continue to tell others in the future, I don't do easy.
Easy is too trite. I need something electrifying. Something to get my blood flowing.
I'd probably be that neurotic clown fish from Finding Nemo that has to wrestle a shark.
Again, another interesting story to be retold.
The adventures would be endless, unless I was swallowed by a whale or caught by a fisherman.
but I'm much too smart for that, I would evade their tactics like a ninja, which I am. (pro).
Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment