Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Journal Seven?

Currently, I am listening to Empire by As Cities Burn, it just so happens to be my favorite song performed by them. 

I just bought 21st Century Breakdown, the new Green Day album, and I really love it. Each song seems to tell a different story, but they all are intertwined. I love how the end reflects the beginning. It's really a phenomenal album. Other than Know Your Enemy, I don't know what other songs would be considered "catchy", so I'm excited to see what other singles they put out. I'm hoping for Last of the American Girls. I like to tell people that song was written for/about me. I know it's not, but it's nice to pretend. 

I plan on driving to see Green Day and Maylene and the sons on disaster this summer. I also plan on driving to Cincinnati with my friend, Caitlin, in order to catch Warped Tour '09, which happens to be only 3 days before my 19th birthday. (August 1st)

I've never really been to Cincinnati or, at least, not that I can remember. 

I hope it's fun and not blistering hot like it was last year in Cleveland. 

The local act, Attack Attack!, will be on the tour, cannot say I'm stoked to see them... but it means that some of my friends will be at the show supporting them. I'm glad to hear that a local Columbus band is getting such recognition and support so early on in their careers. That's about all I can say on that subject... I'm a firm believer in not saying anything bad about anyone... It doesn't always work on my part, but as long as I keep those demons at bay, nothing can revert back to me. Karma? I don't know, but I'm not taking any chances. 

Dan, and The Crimson Armada, will be touring around the U.S. this summer and their long awaited album, Guardians, will soon hit stores. June or July, I can't remember. I'm very proud of those 5 boys, and I'm glad they are able to receive some positivity while on the road. I can't say I'm excited to see Dan leave for what seems to equal out to 3 months, but I'm excited for the opportunities that await him and his fellow band-mates on the road.

Today seems cheerful with the sunlight. I think I will lay in the warm grass for a while and try to keep on this stream of positive thinking. 

2 comments:

  1. I figured the green day wasn't going to be that good but I trust your judgment. I'll be in columbus today! maybe see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get this comment until just now. The album is great. Please listen to it. And why didn't you visit me? Thanks Tony. I only miss you a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete